About – My instruction helps a wide range of individuals, pre-kindergarten through adult, by developing educational strategies to become proficient learners in any subject. I provide enrichment activities that will engage each student, finding the best methods to make complex concepts assessable.
I have taught classes for over twenty years to students of all ages. My material is designed for each student to engage with experiential activities illuminating the material. Parents have the option to be present during all sessions.
Rates: $30 per hour/weekend. $50 per hour/weekdays
To learn about Kindoll Academy, click the Kindoll Academy Tab. For more information, use the Contact Kristen page from the top menu.
Available Tutoring Subjects
- Early math: basic arithmetic, counting, and basic geometry
- Middle school math: basic algebra, geometry, and measurement
- General Biology: introductory biology and related topics
- General Physics: motion & forces, heat & energy, physical math, and gravity & relativity (no labs)
- General Chemistry: introductory chemistry, biochemistry, and physical chemistry (no labs)
- Earth Science: geology, meteorology, oceanography, and geophysics (no labs)
- Astronomy: introductory astronomy
- Reading: critical reading, elementary reading, research methods, and reading comprehension
- Writing: essay writing, creative writing, research paper writing, narrative writing, and note taking
Why can tutoring help? –
- Offers a unique and individualized learning experience.
- Increases good study habits.
- Improves academic performance, retention, and personal growth.
- Encourages a higher level of thinking.
- Improves self-esteem.
- Helps in becoming an independent learner.
I can help create an enrichment program or facilitate classroom understanding.