August 4-7, 2022
Overview: Exhale out your stress and inhale the North Carolina mountain air. You will experience the serenity of panoramic views at the Echo Mountain Inn, located in the Asheville, NC vicinity. Discover and listen to your creative muse–unlock what is blocking you with The Artist Way. Julia Cameron wrote her revolutionary book, The Artist Way, to help artists release their true potential. Each session covers the Recovering the Sense chapters by incorporating writing exercises and teamwork. You will Reset as you locate a spot of contemplation around the host venue, which offers charm, contemplation, and community connection. Writers will Renew and Reveal their artistic desires with an educational tour and a two-hour workshop at the Carl Sandburg home. The optional excursions allow writers to experience the best of the Asheville area. If you want to explore on your own or with a fellow writer, take a meandering drive, especially into downtown areas of Hendersonville or Flatrock, where the towns are the definition of quaint destinations. If you have always wanted to try The Artist Way, struggled to finish the book, or need a refresher course, this retreat is for you.
- $425.00 per person
- A non-refundable deposit of $75 will hold your spot. Balance due by 7/1/2022.
COMMUTER FEE (Not staying at Echo Mountain Inn)
$30.00 per person
Bring a friend – you and your friend, will receive a $10 gift card to use at your favorite Book Store.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 3 PM – 5:30 PM | Retreat check-in, Inn check-in
- 5:30 PM – 7 PM | Welcome & Group Dinner
- After dinner, get settled in your room, relax
- 7 PM – 8 PM | Reset Workshop (Echo Mountain Inn)
- You may feel both giddy and defiant, hopeful and skeptical about establishing a sense of safety. Drawing new boundaries will enable you to explore your creativity with less fear and allow your personal needs, desires, and interests to announce themselves. The writing tasks are aimed at moving you into your identity, a self-defined you.
- 8 AM – 9:30 AM | Breakfast (Guests of Echo Mountain Inn)
- 9 AM – 4:30 PM | Biltmore Estate Tour (Additional fee $165 per person)
- Travel back to the luxury of the Gilded Age with a visit to the Biltmore Home & Gardens in Asheville. The family home of George and Edith Vanderbilt exhibits the grand opulence and elegance of what is ultimately a family home. Visitors can slip back in time as they walk throughout the main house, which still boasts original furnishings and art masterpieces. The meticulous gardens transform the property into a timeless fairyland that you can explore. Several eateries on the property can fit into a schedule of your making. Transportation included. Lunch is on your own.
- Dinner on your own
- 8 AM – 9:30AM | Breakfast (Guests of Echo Mountain Inn)
- 10 AM – 4:30 PM | Carl Sandburg Home Tour & Workshop (Lunch included)
- 1 PM – 3 PM | Reveal & Renew Workshop (Held at Carl Sandburg Home)
- You are asked to look at your ideas around God, money, and creative abundance. We will explore the behaviors that can strengthen our spiritual base and, therefore, our creative power. You are coming into your power as the illusory hold of your previously accepted limits is shaken. You will identify immediate and practical changes you can make in your current life.
- 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM | Jump Off Rock, Wine Tasting, Tour & Dinner (Additional fee $150 per person)
- Jump Off Rock’s scenic overlook provides the perfect panoramic view of the Blue Ridge and Pisgah Mountain ranges. This first stop will give visitors a chance to take in the majesty of nature from the best vantage point with unobstructed views; perhaps there will even be a chance to capture the setting sun behind the mountain ranges. Then, we board our shuttle for an exclusive experience at Burntshirt Vineyards. A family-run wine company with a dedication to craftsmanship spanning 80 years is a part of the thriving North Carolina wine industry. Burntshirt Vineyards was awarded top medals in the 2012 International Women’s Wine Competition for their Grüner Veltliner and Merlot. Ticket cost includes transportation, a wine tasting tour, and custom-created dinner-wine pairing.
- 8:30 AM – 10 AM | Farewell Breakfast
- For all attendees, door prizes
- 10 AM – 11 AM | Rest Workshop (Echo Mountain Inn)
- In this final session, we acknowledge the inherently mysterious spiritual heart of creativity. You will identify immediate and practical changes you can make in your current life. We will set our creative aims and conclude with a singing bowls meditation.
- 11 AM | Check out of the Inn